Friday 10 April 2015

Made my regular visit to Dunge today. The weather was fine but we struggled to find many migrants. On the ARC pit a Reed Warbler singing was my first of the year and we also found a Green Tiger Beetle. A Bittern was also heard. A search of the trapping area produced very little although a Peregrine did put up a lot of Gulls and Pigeons near the power station. On the main part of the RSPB Reserve a lone Whitethroat singing was a year tick. Another Bittern was heard. Two or three Great White Egrets were seen and a Little Egret flew past. Finally my companion found the Slavonian Grebe on Burrows Pit and a Whimbrel from the entrance track-both year ticks for me. Not a bad day then but I still haven't seen a Wheatear.

Little Egret

 Green Tiger Beetle

No comments:

Post a Comment