Saturday 5 September 2015

Cold nights have cut the moths numbers sharply. However, yesterday morning I got a small damaged moth that I couldn't identify. I'd assumed it was a micro but with help from the micromoth forum I now know it was a Pinion-streaked Snout, a new one for me. Had a good day at Dunge yesterday. We started at the ARC pit where there were 5 Blackcaps in the car park and the 2 Red-crested Pochards showed well in the NE corner of the pit. Four Hobbys were over Hooker's from the Dengemarsh Road, and a few Wheaters and Whitethroats were noted in the Dengemarsh Gully before we ticked off the Red-backed Shrike from the reserve entrance track. After lunch the White-winged Black Tern was at the patch. We returned to reserve where we decided to have a look from the Dennis Hide, where, much to my surpise the Cattle Egret flew in and landed on the posts to left of the hide. Finally there were 2 Great White Egrets on Hooker's pit.

 Red-backed Shrike

 Cattle Egret

 Pinion-streaked Snout

No comments:

Post a Comment