Thursday 29 August 2013

Yesterday I had 57 moths of 19 species and this morning there were 66 moths of 20 species. Today the catch was dominated by "brown jobs" with 23 Flounced Rustics, 12 "Yellow underwings" and 6 Square Spot Rustics. There was however one new micro for the year which was my 3rd record of Ypsolopha sequella and the first for 2 years. I then paid a visit to the Feast Hide at Grove Ferry where I failed with the Spotted Crake but the Kingfisher was posing.

Ypsolopha sequella

 Kingfisher

 Kingfisher

1 comment:

  1. Paid the Feast hide a visit today and between 11.00am and 4.30pm a no show. Another birder (Terry Laws) had been there from 10.00 and also didn't see it. Also didn't see the Spotted crake which was seen a couple of times in 5 hours. I did not fancy a sit for that long and at that distance. Did a bit of a wande and managed to see some good birds but very little for the camera !

    ReplyDelete