Wednesday 8 June 2016

The main feature of the moth trap this morning was the number of Diamond-back Moths. I counted 39 but an equal number flew away while emptying the contents and there were more in the garden. A Latticed Heath and Haworth's Pug were the most interesting of the rest. Yesterday afternoon I visited Bonsai Bank, Denge Wood near Canterbury, where the Duke of Burgundy Butterflies are finished now but I saw a couple of moth species: White-spotted Sable Moth and Burnett Companion. A tatty Dingy Skipper was also my first this year. On the walk back to the car, with thunder approaching, I noticed a couple of Glow-worms on the track which I've only seen before at dusk. A Little Owl posed on wires nearby.
Burnet Companion
 White-spotted Sable Moth
 Glow-worm
 Little Owl



No comments:

Post a Comment