Sunday 9 August 2015

Forty-nine moths of 25 species this morning. On the outside of the trap was a Black Arches, a species I've photographed elsewhere but was new for the garden list. Also new for the garden list was my first Langmaid's Yellow Underwing, which proved easier to identify that I had suspected. New for the year were A. tristella and Straw Underwing. The other day I had a minor which is probably a Cloaked Minor but might just be a Rosy Minor-picture below. I'd be grateful for any other opinions.

 Black Arches

 Minor for ID

 Langmaid's Yellow Underwing
  

3 comments:

  1. Looks like Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it was the pattern on the hindwing-a small yellow area surrounded by black as in the illustration in Waring et al that led me to this ID.

    ReplyDelete