Friday 7 November 2014

No moths to report. Yesterday I made my weekly trip to Dunge. Unfortunately we started the day off by missing the Red-rumped Swallow in the time it took us to drve from the ARC Pit to the Observatory. We did see a Black Redstart by the Power Station. On the sea we saw a couple of Red-breasted Mergansers and a Red-throated Diver. After lunch things picked up a bit with 4 or 5 Great White Egrets around the reserve with a Black-necked Grebe, Yellow-legged Gull and Kingfisher. The 2 Cattle  Egrets were viewable with cows along the Dengemarsh Road. It hadn't escaped my attention that a Desert Wheatear was found at Reculver during the day, so this morning, when the rain finally stopped, I headed off there, and was pleased to find the Desert Wheatear posing nicely at the start of the seawall just East of the Towers. I did have a look for the Shorelark but couldn't find it. Another trip may be needed then.

Desert Wheatear


No comments:

Post a Comment